
I also spent the majority of my weekend at a seminar dedicated to trial advocacy in juvenile and family courts. We pretty much were drilled on different trial techniques(direct examination, cross examination, impeachment)and then actually put on a trial to demonstrate the skills we acquired. We were video taped(which was nerve wrecking at first) and then critiqued by actual Family Court judges. Overall it was a great experience.
In a sense it's slightly overwhelming to actually be in a position that effects the life, well-being and sometimes safety of an individual. It's scary that I'm entrusted with so many secrets, so many wishes and so many opportunities to greatly change the course of life for the people I represent. I sometimes wonder am I equipped for that role. I mean, I know I went to school, I'm a competent attorney...I'm deemed fit by the State bar...but it can just be overwhelming at times. Anyways, I prayed for it and my prayer was answered....I should stop rambling and just accept the fact that God is good and real and He feels that I'm more than equipped for the job.
Soooo, I will shut up now and just continue doing what I'm doing....practicing, doing and learning...until I'm the best. (and even then there will be more to learn)
No comments:
Post a Comment