Wednesday, November 10, 2010

*****29*****

The day has come and gone, but I am officially in the last year of my twenties.... Does 29 feel any different? Not yet, at least...but boy am I thankful to say I lived to reach this day and have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. The Lord has been good to me and in return I know I must continue to be a blessing to His people.

On reflection, I can say my twenties have been an interesting ride thus far. I fell in love, out of love, and finally met the man who could possibly be the one...I've experienced heartbreak, lost, failure and success...I've lost friends, gained friends and realized which friends are more like family and will be in my life forever...I reached a huge milestone in my career after facing many road blocks... I've gained more independence and am more confident and secure in myself than I was when this journey through the 20's began... I got closer to God and my faith, realizing that I am not in this thing called life alone...I'm being guided by a higher power. I've matured into a more grounded woman, leaving petty things, fights and battles behind. I now realize that there are more important things in life than seeking the approval of anyone or group...I have a voice now, that although it still waivers at times, still has power and knowledge behind it.....

I want this last year of my twenties to be the grand finale before act two: the thirties begins, because I know this is my last opportunity to live it up before i shift my focus onto attaining bigger and more complicated goals. I'm excited about what the Lord has in store for me and I look forward to whatever lies ahead. My life has truly been a blessing and I am forever grateful for His favor and His mercy. God is good and I am blessed to be alive another year.....

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! Yes, live it up! To the total and complete fullest!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete