Thursday, March 4, 2010

law and extracurriculars and men...oh my!

I'm living a true (chocolate)Carrie Bradshaw existence these days....balancing a busy career, having a full plate of extracurricular activities(meetings, organizations, volunteering, school) and finally having a social life(going out, having fun, and meeting new guys). Its tiring, but for once I feel like a normal 20-something. And somewhere in the middle of all this action, I still find time to make it to church every Sunday and to the gym(where I meet more guys, hehe.)

One thing I have to get adjusted to is actually dating. I spent the majority of my adult years focused on one relationship. Don't get me wrong, my ex and I actively dated(him more than me..just not with me..hmm, but that's a whole different story)I just never dated on my own. It's kind of strange meeting people and adjusting to their ways, but it's all in fun for now.

It's just so strange how one minute nothing makes sense for you, then it seems like life is just wonderful. I just wish March was going as well for my friends as it was for me. Life is funny that way. Back when it seemed like my luck was nonexistent, I looked enviously at others and longed to have a life like theirs. I see now... and understand how the grass can be greener on the other side, but it's always going to wither until the next season beings. My prayer is that one day we all can live in an everlasting season of green grass, but until then I just pray for the strength of others.

I'm enjoying this exciting time in my life...although it's busy. Overwhelming at times, but I am more than thankful.

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Take it day by day... Don't stress over the small stuff. It works well for me.

    I like your blog. Please check mine out at http://makeupbykim-porter.com and follow back if you like.

    Makeup by Kim Porter

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv ur blog! I'll subscribe, hope u check mine out as well. I'm doing the opposite..kinda taking some time off from dating cause the past 5 yrs has been dating dating dating and no results of a potential relationship. Im gonna spend some time on myself and if a nice handsome guy comes along im open to it. Keep us updated on your dating experiences :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This i totally new to me. I was in the same relationship on and off since 2001...and although he dated plenty of people during the time we were together I was always too afraid to truly pursue other people, even when I knew it was probabaly the right thing to do. I'm trying though! Hopefully in the midst of my angst mr handsome will fall in my lap to save me the hassle lol

    ReplyDelete