Sunday, February 27, 2011

caught up...

I've finally caught up. Either the winter really was causing me to be melancholy, or I'm just happy to see that Spring is finally making a guest appearance in Texas. The sun was out, and despite the fact that I had a mini-hangover all day (2 margaritas/2 patron &pineapple juice + one lbs of snow crab legs) I did get out the house this afternoon for a little shopping. This was overall a pleasant weekend.

Unfortunately, I'm predicting tomorrow will be kind of sad for more than one reason. Tomorrow would be my older brother's birthday if he were still here...regardless of how long someone has been gone, memories of them will forever be present. I know you can't stop God, or be too angry at His will...but it still sucks that some people don't get to be around as long as others... I'm grateful to have known him though, even if I was only around for a short portion of his life.

Also, tomorrow will be the last day for two of my friends at work. Budget cuts are hitting legal aid hard, and budget cuts at our firm are causing layoffs amongst attorneys and support staff. Fortunately my fellowship lasts until September, but depending on budgets I'm not sure if my contract will get extended past that month or not. I'm trying not too worry, but I am not looking forward to playing the waiting game with regards to my career. Thankfully, I have been in this position before and know how to work on my own if need be. That's one good thing about being an attorney in a big city, enough cases to go around for everybody if the market slows down.... I'm well equipped to handle a variety of cases and definitely have ambition to work for whatever I want. The Lord has cared for me and provided for me beyond my wildest dreams. I trust in Him and believe that he indeed keeps promises, so I must stand in my faith and attempt not to let my neurotic self cause me to freak out prematurely..........

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your request to GOD. And the peace of GOD which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in CHRIST JESUS."

I'm excited that a new season is upon us. A time for change, growth and newness. Things have been going well with my boyfriend and I, and we continue to learn more about each other....and attempt to not kill each other when we disagree on things. We're also learning that communication is the most important aspect to have to ensure relationship success. I know with him I have difficulty saying things in a manner that doesn't offend or confuse him, but with each day I learn that I can share everything with him and regardless of if we agree or not we can at least try to compromise. I need to work on my communication skills, and understanding that our relationship should not suffer because of insecurities created by a past relationship. He deserves a fair chance, and things that were red flags with my ex have completely different meanings with him. Entirely different people. An entirely different romance. But I'm learning. Still a work in progress.

Meanwhile, I've decided I want to celebrate my birthday this year in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Yes, November is months away..but I want to have things paid for early, in case any unforeseen expenses surface.

Life has been going pretty well. I have no serious complaints. No situation has occurred that I don't think I'm not spiritually equipped to handle. I'm trying to grow stronger in my faith, and I think I have been making progress thus far. I've even decided to download on my nook, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Brittany from Three Years Down has appeared to be going down a whole road of self discovery from reading this book and I've been super intrigued since I saw her post related to her reading. I may need to take a Starbucks break in the morning and get it...I do have a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card to use courtesy of the Mr...... It appears that I have done enough rambling for the evening, so I shall stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment