So far I have been struggling to gain control of my agenda and take the necessary time to get organized... I find myself being overly exhausted....downright lethargic even. It's hard to get things accomplished when I find myself drifting throughout the day, and not even putting forth effort to reach my maximum potential. I really need to refocus. I have so much to do, but lack the energy to get excited about doing it. I know I'm blessed and I really need to change my outlook on life before I jeopardize the favor that has been bestowed upon me. My to-do lists keep growing, as do my urge to run straight home and go to bed the minute I leave work....
I've realized that it is easy to get burnt out in the legal field. I've talked to numerous friends and even read similar stories from attorney bloggers, and I really do believe that this career path is ridiculously demanding on the spirit. I enjoy helping people, but I really do need to find some sort of balance between work and enjoying life to the fullest(without allowing work to keep me hostage underneath my covers from being so worn out).
I need to readjust, realign and refocus..........
I think this is also a problem of the post-holiday winter. Somehow things just drag on at this time of year. Blah.
ReplyDelete