Wednesday, March 30, 2011

again,

times flies. Especially when you are having fun. Which I have been in a sense...amongst work, work, working out(or trying too) and more work. This month has been a blur, but I do know a lot has been going on.

On the work front...my days have been lonely without my work bff...I'm still sad that the budget hasn't allowed everyone to stay at our firm, but I am confident that everyone will soon be moving on to bigger and better things. My cases seem to pile up, and the work seems endless....especially without someone dropping by to keep me company...and feed me snacks. I still haven't received any word on the fate of my fellowship. Federal budget is still in disarray, so I feel myself being placed on stand-by with regards to when or if I need to start plotting my next move. Fortunately I have learned a completely different practice area and handled tons of cases that will definitely expand my portfolio. I'm remaining prayerful on the career front for now.............

The social life has begin to flourish again since all of my girlfriends are suffering from spring fever. And for once, the majority of my friends are single..while I'm still happily in love. Do I have moments of regret where I want to press rewind to this time last year where I was enjoying the freedom of singledom, without the hurt or drama from the past relationship looming overhead....hmmmmmm, maybe for a nano-second, and then I bounce back to the land of sunshine, puppies and rainbows. Wouldn't trade it, or him for the world. We recently made it to a year of us dating and took a mini-vacation to San Antonio where we really just found the time to reconnect, reassess and enjoy each others company. It still is surreal. Thinking back on all the difficulties I had to deal with in the past, only makes this reality so much better. I'm looking forward to the future and pray that our relationship continues to grow and flourish..and that we continue to communicate and lovingly work our way into compromise. It's truly a wonderful feeling.

Amongst other things, I had the opportunity to see one of my favorite independent artists in concert...got to spend some much needed quality time with my sister... enjoyed brunches and giggles with my friends...and finally will be filing my first bankruptcy, which doesn't necessarily fit with the rest of my March highlights, but for me it is a grand accomplishment and I hope to garnish my skills in that area of law.

April is less than 72hrs away, but I am certain it will be just as busy as March has been. I want to get more organized this upcoming month, learn to better balance my work and social life with extracurricular activities such as the organizations I am involved with, the board I sit on and the volunteerism efforts I am passionate about. There will never be more hours in the day, so I need to learn to prioritize, and figure out how to do it all. I know it is possible to have the world...and with faith and prayer, I am determined to. Maybe not next month, but soon......

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a great start to summer girl! Yay to that! I am happy for spring! So glad that life has turned around for you! Mine is too. I am a different person on the inside so that is where it all has to start right? :o)

    ReplyDelete