A little over a week later, and I'm finally managing the time to update my blog. This past week has been a whirlwind of events and emotions. First off, I've been swamped at work. Cases, deadlines, Rules of Civil Procedure, court.....blah. Budget cuts have been plaguing my firm, so layoffs have been the topic of choice at all of our group lunches. Very depressing.... my managing attorney and the attorney I interned with my 2L year of law school... all gone. It's been pretty stressful, and the stress has been making me paranoid about what my next step should be career wise. It's crazy that May marks the 2nd year of my being licensed as an attorney. It seems like only yesterday I was in bar study hell....but now I feel like 2 years is enough to give me credibility with employers and I should start planning ahead as to what direction I want my career to go in. Stressful.... Secondly, my dad randomly got sick, had a blood transfusion and was placed in ICU for two days. By the grace of God, he is at home now and recovering...but that moment in time...waiting not knowing what was going to happen...imagining a series of grim what-ifs...pure torture. I don't think I'm mature enough to deal with mortality and be realistic with regards to my parents getting older. It makes tears come to my eyes to even think about a day where they aren't around....so much to the fact that I have to completely change the subject because I can't see my screen as I type. I'm just glad that he made it through. I've never given blood before, but the small fact that a transfusion literally saved his life makes me feel like I need to get over my fear of needles and take one for the team. He is definitely a living testimony to the greatness of God and the importance of donating blood to save lives....
The school year is coming to an end, and with that, my boyfriend had his last track meet of the season. I'm happy that he is an ambitious teacher and is passionate enough about football and track to want to coach middle school kids...AFTER teaching them all day...but I must admit that having him away at meets and practices the past couple months has been really hard on the together time. I try not to be super dependent on him, and try to spend time with my girlfriends, coworkers and family...but I really really missed spending time with him. I guess this time last year I really didn't notice it much because we had just started dating, but I guess that will just have to be something I get use to every season. He never complains about all of my extra-curricular activities, so I guess I shouldn't be a brat about his. Luckily we have plenty time to make up for his busyness...and have planned an awesome couples massage next weekend at this place I've been dying to go to called The Petit Retreat. I'm hoping it's as nice as the reviews say....
Other than that, I'm really just trying to catch up with the rest of the world...this has been a stressful past few days, but I'm trying my best to not be completely consumed with it. I have a few fun things to look forward to, so I'm just trying to focus on that now....instead of being unhappy about work or worrying about other things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that last week will not set the trend for the rest of the month.............
Omgosh girl! That is a lot! I am so glad that your dad is okay and I will pray for you on the career front. Just know that if God brought you this far he is not going to leave you. Even in unstable times in my life I am still taken care of. Btw, I wanted to add you as a friend on FB (if that is okay) look me up because I don't know your name. Autumn Ritchie. Have a blessed and Happy Easter girl! :o)
ReplyDelete