I haven't felt like myself. I've tried and tried to get back to my normal self, but unfortunately I have had no such luck.
One of my girlfriends and I had dinner Friday night at McCormick & Schmick's.
After dinner, we went to Dessert Gallery, where we sat on the patio talking and enjoying our desserts....
The rest of my weekend has been spent sleeping for hours at a time, thinking thought provoking thoughts (does that even make sense?) and trying to figure out why I have been in such a rut.... I also feel as if I have been suffering from a major case of relationship envy...so I temporarily deactivated my facebook account so I can be more focused on living my own life, than making comparisons to others. Hopefully that can shift my focus back on to what and who is important instead of enviously wishing I had more, and second-guessing all the things I have been blessed with.
I truly enjoy social networking, but sometimes I feel like it gets to be a bit much. I'm generally not an envious person, but I do have my days where I wish I could trade places with other people, or wish I was experiencing great things or wedding planning, or getting married or preparing a nursery (well, that one not so much...) or decorating my summer cottage, etc. etc., but that is so not my life right now. I know everything happens according to God's will and plans, but seeing it everyday and reading about it so often can definitely lead to a serious case of relationship envy...or at least for me it does. I know I have a great man in my life, an awesome career, good friends and loving family so I really have no reason to feel down in the dumps....but for now I think I need to just take a break from it all and focus on myself.
April is almost over, and the next couple of weekends will be pretty busy. One of my best friends is coming to visit, another is graduating, another is having one of her baby showers here in the city and there are a ton of others celebrating birthdays this month. I also have a gala to attend for the 50Th anniversary of my church. Prayerfully, the fun will take my mind off of the lately feelings.....


I feel that way at times. Hell, I think we all do. Like you said, when I get those urgings I think to myself I don't know the walk they have walked to get where they are and more than likely I wouldn't want to walk half a mile in their shoes. We always want bits and pieces from other people's lives while they are wanting bits and pieces from ours. Somebody, somewhere wants what you have. Thats humbling in itself. I hope everything works out. Enjoy the next few weeks.
ReplyDeleteThanks dear! Def needed to hear that :-)
DeleteEveryone feels like this at times. Don't rush yourself through and feel like you should do things to make yourself feel better or cheer yourself up. It's just part of life and it, too, will pass x
ReplyDeleteIt's been a bit blah lately hasn't it. It's good to remember the important things like our family and friends and living our lives! Have an awesome weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am so encouraged by your realness. Be prayerful for all your dreams to come true and watch God move in a powerful way. I too feel the same as you from time to time, so take heart and know great things are coming your way.
ReplyDeleteLisa x