Sunday, April 22, 2012

a glance....

The last few days have truly helped me get closer to feeling like myself again.... It's definitely been a process, but I'm embracing this self metamorphis with open arms.... On Friday night, I went to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of my church at a gala that was held downtown... I love dressing up and I love formal events. It was great to reflect on all the history our church has been apart of the past fifty years.... Saturday, I slept in...which was awesome...ran errands & chilled around the house until it was time for me to attend a birthday celebration for a friend. My boyfriend aka the life of the party at every party, started the night off right by providing the birthday girl with a shot of Patron... good food & good times.... Sunday, church provided a much needed word.... and an awesome brunch afterwards with my buddies.... and an obnoxiously long nap... I also did something that I have never done before. I went to the movies by myself (not sure why it took me so long to actually do this) and saw Think Like A Man... I really ENJOYED the movie, and I will probably go see it again before it leaves theaters... overall a very peaceful Sunday...
The work week should be busy, and hopefully it will fly by... This upcoming weekend will be a whirlwind of events, followed by another busy work week...including me going to Dallas for a few days for a CLE training class... but prayerfully I will find the time to rest and ensure that I dedicate some time in the midsts of it all for myself.... PS--- I don't really like the way my blogger looks now... have I been gone that long that the entire format has changed?

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good weekend. oh, what I wouldn't give to sleep in! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is just gorgeous!! And don't you love when God brings the right message at church...have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete