Monday, April 2, 2012

...exhale

This past week was probably one of the most stressful I have had in a long time.... Between work, and having issues with my car, to just downright feeling as if I was in over my head with everything... I can honestly say that I was beyond happy for the weekend. A lot of times, I am guilty of letting things I have no control over literally drive me insane. I have a tendency to spazz out prematurely, to let people anger me beyond recognition and to forget that God never puts me through anything I cannot handle. I try and I try to remind myself to stay calm and stay positive, but sometimes I let it all get the best of me. But I digress..... I am truly a work in progress....

In the midst of it all, I convinced myself that my weekend would be awesome to make up for all of the not so awesome-ness that occurred during the week.... and fortunately, I was correct.

I was without my car for the majority of the work week. Friday night my boyfriend and I went out to celebrate one of my girlfriends birthday... We went to the same venue I celebrated my birthday at, and had an amazing time... so amazing that of all the pictures that were taken that night, none are appropriate for public viewing... good times indeed, lol!

We woke up early Saturday morning, and although it pained me so, I traded in my car and got a new one.... Most people would think this was a joyous occasion, but I'm apparently the exception. I was so depressed getting rid of my car. I hadn't planned on getting rid of her for at least another year or so, and I did not want to do it....





I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet, who takes pictures of their old car at the dealership, in lieu of being excited (I'm excited now & feeling extremely blessed and thankful) about their new one.... but me and that Ford Escape has a lot of good memories.

I spent the remainder of my Saturday evening resting and reflecting....

Sunday morning, we had an amazing Palm Sunday service at church. It was definitely a word I needed to hear in light of my rough week.

“For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”
Deuteronomy 20:4 (NIV)

“The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: ‘The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things! The LORD’s right hand is lifted high; the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!’”
Psalm 118:14-16 (NIV)


After church, I ate, then spent some quality time with my boyfriend and his son at Chuck E. Cheese's for a 4th birthday celebration. In the words of my boyfriend, "Chuck E. Cheese's is like Vegas for kids." Lights flashing, shelling out tokens, the allure of winning as many tickets as you can.... although I don't agree with it, I definitely can see why some of the locations in the area have started selling alcohol for parents... It can be overwhelming, but I had a good time..and so did his son. I definitely wouldn't mind going to Dave & Buster's or some adult equivalent of Chuck E.'s so I can play skeeball without feeling too old....

I was about to head home to get some rest, but then I got a call from my boyfriend asking if I wanted to go see New Edition in concert that night... of course I said yes! His best friend got tickets to the concert and thought to invite us as well, and we had a great time!





The spontaneity was just what I needed. I ended my night with my favorite person and woke up feeling refreshed this morning... Instead of losing myself, I really need to learn how to take a moment to breath.... exhale, and not let the world get in the way of my happiness.......

Nothing is really ever that bad that I should convince myself that I can't get through it. The Lord has been good to me, and proven time and time again just how awesome He is!

1 comment:

  1. I took pictures of my old car at the dealership, too. I wish I would have done it with my first car, also. There's just something sad about saying goodbye to a car!

    ReplyDelete