Sunday, August 14, 2011

8 things

I stumbled upon this article entitled 8 Things to Do Before You Have Kids and I see that I've done a lot of these things...but still, I think there is soooooo much more I think I would like to accomplish before I start having kids......

I've already finished and established my career path...I have plenty clothes (although I do think all the designer purchases may reflect adversely on my credit score) I've done the girlfriends trip... I would love to travel abroad, I've been to Cozumel and the Bahamas & will be going to Jamaica in November but I would really love to take a trip to Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece. *note to self, start planning..may as well put this passport to use* I've never been to Essence Festival, but I think I will be going to New Orleans next summer for the National Urban League Conference... I'm not too sure if I would want to be in Times Square for NYE, I'm not really a fan of crowds..I more so like idea of being somewhere intimate for that holiday, somewhere sipping champagne and watching the festivities from the comfort of my own home... and I would definitely prefer to be married before I start a family. I know in this day and age it is definitely not a requirement, but I see how hard it is for some people to do it on their own. I'm not too keen on checklist, or trying to over plan every aspect of life. I learned that lesson a long time ago that in some instances it is just best to go with the flow, and progress patiently on the path God has created for you.

Everything will happen in due time, but preparation does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment