Thursday, August 4, 2011

today



The last few days have been a blur. I started at my new firm this week and have been busy ever since. I've been in court everyday...and am looking forward to an office day tomorrow to catch up with all of my work. I'm replacing another attorney, so I will pretty much be busy for the first couple of weeks clearing up all the cases he left open, but I am glad that I will be getting so much exposure in the different courthouses around the area. I headed down south today and this is the view from the courthouse. I'm like a few blocks over from the Gulf and it is GORGEOUS over here. I don't have anymore cases til this afternoon, so I stopped into Starbucks to try to get some work done. Needless to say, this will not be a walk in the park...but I love being in court, so I won't complain.

I really can't believe how fast all of this happened. Just a few weeks ago I was praying to God to give me answers and direction with regards to my career..He moved fast and I am so grateful. Life has been kind of strange lately. Things with my boyfriend and I are going great as usual, but it feels like other aspects of my life seem to be lacking. One of my best friends told me that there was no reason for me to be feeling this way...I have a boyfriend, my family, a new job...but I still feel like something is missing. It feels like this year has been a period of transition for me, but in the midst of me moving on to all these good things it feels like I have lost a lot of people along the way. I'm not sure if not having them in my life is a good thing or a bad thing..but I still feel like I am missing pieces of myself. My list of friends has grown so short in such a short period of time. I outgrew some, changed for the better, and just had not anticipated so many people who were there for me in the beginning to completely turn their backs on me. I am truly at an age where drama, gossip and catty-ness are so beyond me...but I really do miss having my level of comfort with the girls/guys I used to associate with. It hurts my feelings to know that everyone isn't meant to be in your life when all things have come together for your good, and I guess I should be thankful that people were around in the past when things weren't so great....but I really do miss having my circle of friends. But such is life.... I guess I would rather have people who I can trust and confide in, that are going in the same direction as me, than people who are not...but still.

I'm definitely not saying all of this to portray to the world that I am unhappy, because I am no where near that...I just think I am coming to grips with this aspect of my change of seasons. Other than that I have been so blessed and so grateful lately. God is truly good, and working miracles in my life. I am so thankful.

2 comments:

  1. That is the bittersweetness of transition. I got sad reading about your sadness. I know how you feel. Truly. It is weird and awkward not having those people around even though you know that it is for the best. It is even painful at times. I have this comedy show by Steve Harvey "God Ain't Through With Me Yet" or something like that... anyhow, he talks about how you cannot take everyone with you to where you are going. T.D. Jakes has a good one about letting go too... it is like a devotional. Being in a better place and being emotionally healthy can force you to have to move on which may cause a void and some weirdness. I know all about it because I am skipping through that land now. Hopefully in time God will place either new people in your life or allow you to be comfy in your new skin. Nevertheless, I am so happy for your success and I wish that I could follow you around for a day and see what it is like to be a lawyer. I think it seems pretty cool! Anyhoot continue being happy girl and maybe your writing can fill the void. This is me talking. Lol. :oP But I am serious... maybe it is the writing that will help you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete