Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wanted: Hot Stone Massage, Manicure, Spa Pedicure, Facial, Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment, Black Tea and a good book.

3 comments:

  1. Just read through and congrats on your new job! Taking a risk can pay off- guess that's how I ended up in Houston w/ promotion. Def should do the Hot Stone Massage, facial (basic) and spa pedi/ mani- it def makes you feel at peace! Hair, no comment- I'm transitioning to natural.

    Not sure if a good book yet, but I picked up Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende(sp). Water for Elephants (though already a movie) was a very good book.

    Again, congrats. It's good knowing you are doing well for some reason. I've come to believe I had blessings all along... GOD just needed me to remove ppl, issues out of my life before I could see/accept- then they begin pouring in. Have to believe all was for a reason- for you to either come out stronger or more humble. Seems you have a good guy (& friends) on your side as well who believes in you, your growth & happiness. Don't be too sad about the friends you had to leave behind during your growth; as we grow in age, mindset we sometimes out grow our friends and flock towards ppl who share the same goals, aspirations in life- your life belongs to you now! It is hard knowing you lose friends as your life improves- same has happended to me. I had to truly think on- realized they held no value as a true friend- only continued wanting to discuss my past or drama that held no interest in my life today. My cirlce has become engineers, accountants, vice president in oil & gas industry and like you, it does feel good to be in a circle of friends that love and live life and has surpassed issues of drama!

    Be blessed, thankful, humble and kind! Your pain, our pain was for a reason. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Everything you said is so true. You should considered joining Haulyp, Houston Area Urban League Young Professionals. It's a good organization to meet like minded positive young professionals and get involved in community service. They have a happy hour Friday night if you want details just let me know. I'm happy everything is working out for you as well.

    ReplyDelete