Friday, August 12, 2011

exhale

finally, I can relax. I made it through another week without having any mishaps in the courtroom. My only goal is to avoid take-nothing judgments and to not piss my clients off. It's a lot different when you are representing banks and corporations, than actual people. The pressure is still there, just at a different magnitude. I don't have to worry about people calling me constantly crying about their problems...now I just worry about thousands of dollars going down the drain... and exhale. I didn't even realize it was Friday until this morning when my boyfriend mentioned the weekend before I left for work. What? Tomorrow is Saturday? Really? At least the days fly by now...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet..but for now it feels good. I found out that my vacation time got approved, so in exactly 3 months (yes, that sounds far off now..but at this rate it will be November tomorrow) I will be sipping an exotic drink on the beach in Jamaica. I'm glad my time got approved, since we already booked the trip before I left my old job, but now it is official!

It's been so miserably hot in Texas this summer...too hot for business/courtroom attire...but alas I can't show up in maxi dresses and flip flops..so, I decided to go shopping tomorrow for more light weight suiting. I think I'm going to go to Banana Republic, The Limited and NY&Co tomorrow in hopes of finding some more 100 degree weather appropriate clothing. I've seen female attorneys wearing linen suits, and suits with cropped or quarter length sleeved blazers. I may even look into some dresses with blazers that I can easily slip out of once I leave the courthouse. How do professional women beat the heat during the summer?

Aside from my work related ramblings, I'm really looking forward to a lot of rest and relaxation this weekend. I went to see the premiere of the Glee 3D Concert movie, which I thoroughly enjoyed...and last night was date night for the boyfriend and I..so I have my fun agenda covered until next weekend for my friends bachelorette party! I thought I would be lonely without the "friends" I no longer have, but I've kind of realized that I'm not as dependent on people as I once was before. I would rather have a few quality people in my life, than a large quantity of untrustworthy "friends" and foe. I have so much to be thankful for, and it really is not worth the hassle...... But I digress.

I'm halfway through The Story of Beautiful Girl, and I predict I will fall asleep with the book by my side. Until later, cheers to the weekend. and relaxation......

No comments:

Post a Comment