Monday, October 10, 2011

thirty in thirty

My weekend was filled with raindrops, laughter, clothes, books, cuddling & naps...the perfect combination of some of my favorite things. I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked (I still have the same 3 items on my to do list from the previous weeks) but I do feel refreshed and ready to face the week that is minutes away from starting for me. A lot of people are off today, in celebration of Columbus Day..but for me it is business as usual.

One thing I did realize over the weekend is that this is LITERALLY the last month of my twenties. My birthday is literally 30 days away. I will be thirty in thirty days.

Strangely enough, I'm actually pretty excited about this milestone. As of late, I've become obsessed with all things thirty...longingly living vicariously through a group of awesome thirty something bloggers who have single-handedly jumped at the opportunity to join this illustrious club...listening eagerly to women who have said their lives didn't truly begin until they emerged from their twenties ridden with battle scars and ready to take over the world...thinking back on the past and how much I've grown and who I've become..seeking encouragement from friends who are on the cusp of thirty of looking forward to being over with this decade of transitions....

Needless to say, I am a tad bit excited. I always love my birthday, but this one just seems a lot more meaningful than the last few numbers since 25. I guess I should start thinking of what I want to do to celebrate..............it is only a month away after all.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, celebrate! I turn thirty in about 16 months and I'm already planning something ginormous! ha! enjoyed the blog.

    ReplyDelete