Sunday, February 26, 2012

indulgence

This week marked the beginning of one of my favorite times of the year in Houston..... The Rodeo! The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is basically three weeks of good food (smoked turkey legs, barbecue, funnel cake, pizza, sausage on a stick, shrimp on a stick.. etc. etc.) concerts (with some of the most popular country stars, tejano bands, John Legend for black heritage night & many more) animals, bull riding, barrel racing, cowboys & carnival rides.... It's also how I know that Spring is near, and the winter season is coming to the end in our city.

This year one of my friends got tickets to the World Championship Barbecue Cook-off for my boyfriend and I. This was our first time going to the actual cook-off and we had so much fun! The cookoff takes place the weekend before the actual rodeo begins.. It's basically hundreds of tents, sponsored by various teams participating in the cookoff, where you go to eat, drink and be merry... We ate entirely too much, drank entirely too much and pretty much decided that we want to become rodeo volunteers next year and try to work on one of the committees...and that we want to go to the cook-off every year from now on!





With the weather being so inconsistent the past couple of days (from 80 degrees, to monsoon rain, to sunshine, to freezing temps, back to 60 degrees) I unfortunately am starting to feel sick again, but hopefully I can get over it today. My work week was pretty productive, which is always a good thing.... I also had the opportunity to judge a round of moot court at my law school....

I'm hoping that my Sunday will be fairly tame... after church I plan to get my eyebrows done & a much needed pedicure..... and possibly go to the mall so I can use the Victoria's Secret giftcard that was one of my Valentine's Day gifts...... or hide out in my pajamas until tomorrow.....

In other news... ever since December I have been coveting the red Elliot Lucca handbag my sister "got" from my grandma. I searched high and low for another red bag... and finally I found one that I loved. I stopped by the Houston Premiere Outlets the other day and found not one, but two handbags at the Coach store....



I've been apprehensive to go shopping lately, especially since I've been trying to stick to a strict budget and eliminate debt.... but I have no buyer's remorse with this purchase whatsoever.... I've been good lately and definitely felt the need to reward myself ♥

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! I am not a purse person at all and for a long time could not get into the whole Coach or and other bags from other labels all that much, but some time ago Coach did come out with some really cute bags that made me change my mind on them. I still don't own one, but perhaps one day... that is if I can ever find my way out of the bookstore. hehehe! Cute bags though. :) Love the gold one.

    ReplyDelete