Sunday, February 12, 2012

♥ the weekends

This weekend was pretty amazing, despite the untimely demise of music legend Whitney Houston. The weather was extremely chilly, which means I got to finally dress for the season and wear boots & my nice coats... My mother cooked us a pre- Valentine's Day dinner of gumbo, fried fish & shrimp...delicious... and I got to spend time doing the things I love... quality time with my honey, enjoying my family, reading (I downloaded two new books on my nook over the weekend)and relaxing...

On Friday night we went to the Ensemble Theater and saw a play entitled the Ballad of Emmett Till.



Then Saturday, I spent the day running errands with my mother & sister....we got henna tattoos and walked around the mall and Target...Later that evening, we ended up at my aunt's house glued to the TV watching CNN, in shock from the news of Whitney Houston's death... I fell asleep reading, with her music playing in the background on my television..

Finally I ended my weekend with a wonderful church service this morning, and an impromptu outing with my boyfriend tonight(although I lost one of my favorite earrings)....

The weekends always seem to go by so fast, but I am always glad when I get the opportunity to make them memorable.....

1 comment:

  1. I loved catching a glimpse of your life. Take care you've got a great blog here.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete