After week, after week of this......
and this....
I decided to take a much needed day off from work. I spent my Friday, Saturday & now Sunday relaxing, and basically just catching up on life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my career but sometimes it gets overwhelming and I just need to take time off for me.
On Friday I got a much needed pedicure and went shopping for Spring attire....light weight suits and dresses that I can throw a blazer over when I have court, and cute blouses that are work appropriate....
Later on that night, I went to an event at a wine bar called Cork Soakers where I sipped on moscato, sangria and "green" white wine (yes, all three)...danced..enjoyed good conversation & great company....
On Saturday, (which was St. Patrick's Day, the two year anniversary of my boyfriend and I meeting...as well as one of my good friends birthday) we woke up fairly late, cooked lunch, and headed out for what ended up being a very busy day.
To celebrate our anniversary, we went for a couples massage...
They greeted us with mimosas, chocolate and fruit before our massages actually began..
We both received our massages in the same room, which was dark but had candlelight illuminating the space inside....
I'm a huge fan of massage therapy, and these were customized for our needs... they included aroma therapy, hot stones and plenty of attention to our problem areas...
It was very romantic & relaxing....
After the massages, we ran some errands...slipped in a power nap & headed to Cyclone Anaya's, which is an upscale Mexican food restaurant, for the birthday festivities... The food was great, and so were the laughs... I was too tired to go out for the after dinner festivities and was probably asleep within the next hour...
My Sunday has been filled with naps, movie watching and more leisure napping. I foresee this being an extremely early night for me. The work week is looming and I need to get my mind right for these next five days.... This year is going by so fast. Spring is literally days away, and summer will be here before we know it.
I'm looking forward to a new season, and hopefully more fun events in my near future!






I applaud you for taking some time off for yourself. It is so necessary to do this every now and again to maintain your sanity. Before you start your work week tomorrow, take a second an plan your next 3 day weekend so you have something to look forward to. It looks like you have a fabulous weekend, so congrats!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!!! Yes, let's hope that the seasons brings in new and exciting things! Glad that you were able to take some time off for yourself! :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so lovely! Being a lawyer can definitely be draining. I'm glad you took time for yourself!
ReplyDelete