Sunday, March 25, 2012

weekend~

Despite my desire to spend the entire weekend in pajamas, I managed to have a few adventures, and really enjoyed myself the past couple of days.

My work-week was hectic as usual, but I found the time to go shopping and pick up a few more spring items that can be worn in court under a blazer... and once I slip off the blazer, I could wear them out if I were to go to happy hour after work...

After work on Friday, I met up with one of my girlfriends downtown. We walked around window shopping & enjoyed happy hour at Guadalajara. They had yummy food and great drinks, definitely will be one of my new happy hour spots....



Saturday, I slept in.... got my hair done & met up with my boyfriend. After a long nap, I woke up hungry and decided I wanted to try out a new restaurant... in Galveston. The weather over the weekend was AMAZING, but I had not anticipated everybody and their mother wanting to escape the city for a random mid-day beach trip... Needless to say traffic was ridiculous. I hate traffic. I also hate when my plans don't unfold as planned. So instead, we drive probably twenty miles towards the beach & try out a restaurant that is near where we were headed... Instead of letting the detour ruin my day, I took my boyfriend's advice and calmed down. The place we ended up eating at had AWESOME food and cheap drinks. We ended up having a great time, and I forgot about the traffic mishap. My Saturday definitely ended up being a good day.

Today my pastor gave a powerful sermon. I made my friend take pictures on my camera (I was too embarrassed, although everyone else was taking pictures).




After church, I went to see the Hunger Games movie, which I really enjoyed. I read all three novels, and loved them. Since I read the books, I did pick up on the differences between the movie and the book, but they put out a really great adaptation.

The rest of my Sunday has been one long, long nap, whereas I woke up to catch glimpses of Once Upon A Time, respond to text messages and catch the end of Celebrity Apprentice.

I have a hearing in the morning so it would behoove me to get to bed early..... Blessed to see another day.

2 comments:

  1. That drink sure looks yummy. I wish I could have a Sunday where I just nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved that your pastor preached in a hoodie...so did ours....such a powerful statement!

    ReplyDelete