It's hard to be completely happy when the people around you are experiencing so much disarray and pain. I find myself sometimes feeling guilty for the level of joy I have been experiencing as of late. I know happiness is only relative to the one experiencing it, so I often times try not to share too many things with too many people. I know how it feels to be on the outside looking in, because for so long I was the one stealing glances through others window panes of happiness. I wanted to know why I wasn't allowed to experience such feelings of elation, luck and favor...I thought I had done something wrong and that the world revolved only for others and I was left stagnant in a constant standstill.
I must admit I allowed myself to create a world of total unhappiness....It wasn't until things started turning around for me that I realized, I had to go through the dark in order to finally see the light of God's blessings being placed upon me. Little things I took for granted during those days, make my days brighter...Kind words fill my heart with contentment...I had to experience the bad before I ever got a taste of the good. To make a long story short, I really want everyone to know that what they're going through will not last forever. Happiness will come, and you will appreciate it more after experiencing a lack thereof. I hated to hear people say that when the shoe was on the other foot, but after you finish silently cursing me out in your head, please take heed to the message I'm trying to present. Happiness in life is inevitable. Just wait for it.
Ok done silently cursing you. lol. No, I know what you mean. You should not feel guilty for being happy, I mean you paid your dues, you know. I am happy for you. It really does give me hope because I have been wondering if I am being punished for something, but I think that it is like you said... sometimes we just have to go through, but the sun will shine again. :o)
ReplyDelete