Thursday, June 16, 2011

sabbatical

....so I have decided to take a break from facebook. I already deleted my twitter account a few weeks ago, but now I really think I need a break from the world of facebook. I have a habit of creating obsessions. I become fascinated with searching, looking, knowing...damn near stalking. I have to break that habit. This all developed during my time with the ex. It was the only way I could look for information and find clues as to what dirt he was doing and what he was doing with certain people. Not the best idea, because in the midst of satisfying my obsession, I created a manic sense of paranoia and probably did more damage to myself than good. My boyfriend has not given me any reason to doubt him whatsoever, but I feel old habits resurfacing deep within me and I refuse to become the person I once was before. I can't continue to be my own worst enemy and I have to really let go of all the bad habits that were developed during a bad time in my life....therefore, no facebook. When I feel the urge has subsided, I will return...until then...sabbatical.

1 comment: