He held on tight, dragging me to some unknown location amongst the waves and sand. I really was not in the mood for any adventures that night, but he was persistent, paranoid even. I, being the practical girl I am, had not prepared for an evening of twilight un-expectancy, but it was him guiding me through the night..and I'd do anything for him...he was in my mind, the one. I thought back to the past. A wave of emotion swept over me as my mind traveled back to a time when I had no one in my corner. I was lonely, yearning for someone or something to fill voids that had been permanently etched in my heart. I let many attempt to replace that one missing piece, but they all failed in comparison to him...love emanated from him effortlessly. He held my hand. He loved me.
Not too much longer. Another promise that I knew I could expect him to keep. He had come into my life without a plan, but it worked so well. The timing was right, he eased my apprehensiveness...quieted my doubts, restored my trust in mortal man. I still wonder at times, underestimate my worthiness. He uplifts me, reminds me that I am important and worthwhile. Rescued me from insecurity. Gave me hope. But really...why must we go further and further into the unknown..why tonight, why at this hour?
White sand decorated brown skin. Colorful shells cracked under my feet, as we journeyed further from civilization. And then, it was just he and I, and the ocean. We're here, he said. Puzzled I looked around for some recognition, something that would make sense out of his need to bring me here at this moment, at this time...but all I saw was calm. He stared longingly into my eyes and wrapped his arms tightly around me. I want to be with you forever, he said. I smiled. No, really, he said as he released me from his grasp and bent down on one knee. Sparkle caught my eye, as I felt something being placed on my finger. I want to be with you forever, he repeated, and we were......
Join in on the fun at Magpie Tales!
This is so romantic and so beautifully recounted. Absolutely exquisite thanks for sharing =)
ReplyDeleteSigh. So very charming.
ReplyDeleteAll loves should be that loved. Mine was sweet like that too. Bravo!
ReplyDeletewow.
ReplyDeletewhat a divine ending,
cheers.
well done magpie.
What a lovely, romantic tale.
ReplyDeleteAwwww...sigh.
ReplyDeleteLet's hear it for true love! Well done.
ReplyDeleteyay! love this!
ReplyDelete