I was about to write a post about being nervous and anxious as I attempt to be a willing participant in this un-welcomed waiting game.....But then I remembered this verse.... and realized that all I can do is pray and give thanks, and He will make a way for me.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
There are only a few days left in June, and I must say that in the midst of the sweltering Houston heat, my summer has been pretty nice thus far. Summer is usually my least favorite season...even as a child I loathed the summertime. I'm more of a Fall/Spring girl myself. I don't like being hot, I hate sweating, and I despise hurricanes(and bugs, and re-runs, and dry skin, and summer clothes(except dresses))... I took some days off next week to enjoy an extended 4th of July weekend(unless things change drastically between now and next week *crosses fingers*)and hopefully can get some much needed rest and relaxation before things get busy again. I would love to take a mini-vacation somewhere but I think we should probably save the money and wait until the Fall, when it is not as hot outside. Nothing too exciting has occurred lately, just a lot of enjoying the simple things. My boyfriend and I went to a cooking class last week which was pretty cool. I'd never been to a class like that before and I must admit I felt rather metropolitan chic during the entire time. Now, if only we could invest in one of those indoor grills.... I'd also like to finish the latest books I have downloaded on my nook.....
In a way I feel like no news is good news, so I am very glad with the lack of matters to report. I like simplicity, and am saying thanks in advance for all of these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment