Sunday, May 8, 2011

peaceful.

This has probably been one of the most peaceful weekends I have had in a while. I was off work on Friday... so I got the opportunity to sleep in, run some errands and gather some inkling of sanity before my actual weekend began. I spent a lot of time with the people I love the most and actually had the chance to spend some much deserved quality time with myself. In the midst of my busy schedule, I think I had forgotten the importance of down time. It truly is necessary to maintain a healthy existence.
This year is moving along so fast. I guess the saying is true, time really does fly when you are having fun. I'm not sure if all the events of this year could be categorized as merely fun, but I do believe that this year has been a prime example of someone finding peace within themselves and accepting life as more than just an existence, but something that should be cherished and enjoyed. I'm not the same as I was before. I can feel a change coming over me. Part of me is frightened by it, but the other part is welcoming it whole-heartedly. I think the thing that bothers me the most about this change is the people who I will have to leave behind. And I've made peace with that. Some people are only there for a season, and if you keep them around too long they tend to bring with them too many remnants of the past. If someone can't adapt to growth, then I'm not sure if they are suppose to remain a constant in your life. I believe that's just reality. I have a lot of things that I'm looking forward too....constantly praying to the Lord. Faith growing on the daily, trying my hardest to completely remove doubt from my mind..I'm trying to find reasons to always be thankful, and not think everything in life is meant to be negative. Negativity is like cancer. It spreads. Faith in God should be my standing ground..... I guess to make a long story short, I should just let out a sigh of relief...exhale.... In this very moment I am peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment