
Tomorrow is the official first day of my favorite season and I am so excited! Living in the South doesn't really offer too many opportunities for the picturesque Fall days that other cities benefit from, but I am still looking forward to the temperature dropping and being able to wear cute boots and super cute coats. Although I have put myself on a shopping restriction until further notice (although I do need outfits for 2 concerts I'm going to, my birthday, vacation and possibly a new black pant suit for work, but other than that I am on a restriction), I still can't wait to try on some of the latest Fall fashions and get ready for the stores to start gearing up for the holiday season. October is literally days away, and with that I really need to figure out what I want to do for my birthday. Yes, it is a milestone birthday, but with all the things that have been going on I'm not sure what type of celebrating I will feel like doing and with whom. I used to always have big birthday dinners & parties at clubs, but I kind of feel like I've outgrown that. I looked at an album from a birthday a few years ago and on pretty much every picture my friends, my ex and I all look trashed. Possibly okay to be wasted when you are turning an insignificant age, but I think I am way beyond that type of partying and I kind of want to remember my birthdays from now on....and not just recall certain things happening because I have photographs as proof. My boyfriend suggested taking one of the dinner cruises the weekend before my birthday, which I'm cool with, but I would like to do something a little bit more inclusive with my friends in addition to whatever we end up doing. I'm giving myself a deadline to have something figured out so I guess I will have to get on it sooner than later. My guy best friend is also gearing up for his birthday the week after mine. He planned some boys only trip to Vegas, that I'm guessing since I am a girl I can't go on...sigh...but it's ok, I'll be in Jamaica the same time as his trip so I won't be able to give him too much grief about it. One of my other close girlfriends has planned out an entire "Farewell to the Twenties" photo shoot for herself that she is getting done so she can always remember what she looked like before her 30th birthday. A great idea, but I kind of want to reserve any photo shoots of myself for my "save the date" engagement photo shoot (and no I'm not engaged, yet...but hopefully sooner than later) and or wedding photos. I guess we are a tad dramatic bunch as far as it goes for planning birthdays, but life is worth celebrating so why not?! I don't think I will be doing anything on that large a scale for my birthday, but I do want to do something memorable, with the people that truly matter, just not sure what yet....
I probably love Fall a tad too much, but I'm just a sucker for the season I guess. Prayerfully this will be a good one, and I am already thanking the Lord in advance. Now I need to figure out what I am going to pack for my weekend trip to Atlanta. I'm not sure what the temperature is like there, but I do hope it is cooler than it is here. We don't really have an agenda set, I really just want to enjoy some good food, good laughs with my friend and hopefully squeeze in a little shopping....well, window shopping, since I am on a restriction after all....
I love fall too :). I got spoiled in college/law school and now I'm stuck in Vegas where it's still in the 90's.
ReplyDeleteDoes it atleast get cold at night there?
ReplyDelete