Sunday, September 11, 2011

One day...

...can make an impact on your life forever. September 11th will always be a bittersweet day in my mind. Thinking back on that day 10 years ago, I can still recall what I was doing, who I was with and how I felt when I heard what had happened. With my one year of experience under my belt, I thought as a sophomore in college, that we as Americans were invincible. I had experienced grief, but nothing on that magnitude. I didn't know how to feel then, foolish with innocence and naivety, but now the feelings of what it meant resonate so loud on my mind & in my heart. I know that despite it all God was there that day, and I pray that the victims and the families find some inkling of a blessing out of the devastation....and ultimately peace.

1 comment: