Thursday, September 8, 2011

in time

the weather has been amazing this week (despite the smoke in the air from all of the various wildfires burning in the surrounding counties) and to celebrate the first peaks of my favorite season, I stopped in the Galleria on my way home from court. Major mistake. I was enticed by all of the jewel tones and rich fall colors, and spent entirely too much in my favorite store....but in my own defense I can wear all of the things I bought to court, which in turn helps me in the long run because judges like nice outfits, which will persuade them to rule in my favor more often....sooooo I'm ultimately furthering my career with my fashion :-/

fortunately my mood improved over the weekend, and I realized that the stress from last week was not meaningful enough to last until this week. I got the opportunity to pamper myself with the deep conditioning my hair had been longing for, got my pedicure... relaxed and enjoyed good company with good people (while drinking excellent sangria)overall my extended weekend was pretty amazing. The work week has flown by..I guess being busy will make you lose track of time. I just looked at the calendar and realized that tomorrow is the 9th.... *insert screams* Exactly two months until my birthday.... These are indeed the final days of my twenties...literally...two months...until I enter a new decade of my life.....

I thank God for my boyfriend, because I was in the midst of having a major quarter life crisis...until he reminded me that I was exactly where I needed to be. At first I had no idea what he was talking about, and was about to credit his words to the happy hour drinks we enjoyed after work, then I gave him the opportunity to explain himself. Often times we get caught in comparisons and feel that life is one giant checklist of to-do's we must complete at a certain time or stage in life. When I finished high school, I thought I would be married by the time I was 21 to some NFL player, not even considering a degree or career...in reality, I was no where near ready to commit myself to one individual for the rest of my life...and thinking back, I don't even think I really knew who myself was at the time I was that age. It wasn't until I probably reached the age of 25 or 26 when I finally felt comfortable being myself and could decipher what was real versus another persons interpretation of my reality. By the time I finished college and had begun my first year of law school, I was still living by rules that someone else has transcribed for me. It wasn't until I was forced to separate myself from what others thought I should be doing or in what time I should be getting it done, that I was able to better myself. I had a set back upon my finishing law school and had to get licensed later than I thought I should have been, but in essence a lot of the people who passed the bar when I thought I should have still have not found their groove and are still searching for the right path to jump start their careers....I did things in my own time (or should I rather say God's time) and have now expanded my resume to the point that my date of becoming licensed has become irrelevant. I spent years of my life with one person because I thought I had to make something work, I felt like I was on a timeline to get things in working order...and then a light bulb went off in my head and I walked away from that situation...and finally the right relationship fell in my lap and things have been progressing at the right speed and time with us (although I get the occasional question of when we will be taking that next step in our relationship..in which I respond when the time is right & in our time not yours)and I feel more than content, but genuinely happy. The older women in my office always give me praises for being the age I am and actually being able to say I have accomplished so much in such a short amount of time. I usually laugh it off and tell them that I'm old and pushing 30, but they always remind me that I can at least say I did it all before that age. I take those things for granted so often, but in reality that is a feat. It's so strange how many things we tend to take for granted. But I am so grateful for where I am right now, so thankful that God has shed so much favor on me and guided my life, putting me where I need to be at the right time...and I am so glad for the clarity that has allowed me to remove myself from certain people and situations, all in the right time. I'm just so amazed by my life and the goodness of GOD...and happy that He placed people in my life to help me get to right where I needed to be. I'm not saying things are perfect, or that there is not room for improvement...but I definitely would not change my life or my testimony for nobody elses.

To make a long story short, I am ready for the countdown to begin. I'm ready for Fall to genuinely be here, I'm ready to fully transition my wardrobe and I am ready for all the adventures that lie in store this season and in this next decade of my life. Anticipation is an understatement.........

No comments:

Post a Comment