it was over.
I'm sad to see November slowly coming to an end. I know I can't exhaust all my energy on one month, but the winter months normally are not as exciting for me & I feel like I'm amongst the masses of those who suffer from seasonal depression. I tend to miss the fall leaves, I miss the option of slipping on a coat or sweater at my leisure, I miss birthday celebrations, Thanksgiving feast with friends & family, but most of all I just miss November...
Don't get me wrong, December has a lot of sentimental value to me. I love celebrating Christmas, the plays at my church and just the message behind the season...I love presents, shiny lights, holiday parties and commemorating the end of the year on New Year's Eve...but it just doesn't do it for me I guess.
I'm thinking that instead of living everyday anxiously awaiting November, I should probably try to find reasons to live my life to the fullest during EVERY month of the year. One of my best friends and I recently discussed how much we hate the winter, and how certain months just did not do it for us... Probably not the best idea to go into things lacking a positive attitude, but historically some months have just not held the same pizazz as others for us. Since there are only a few days left in my favorite month, not only am I going to cherish them, I am going to challenge myself to experience, live and enjoy every moment of every month of the year...despite the stigma the winter season may hold, I promise myself not to let it get me down. I need to find reasons to be excited throughout the year. God created it, so I need to do my part in appreciating it....
Next month (and all the months thereafter), I plan to enjoy myself, enjoy those around me & begin to prepare myself for another year with new goals and things to accomplish... And then, it will be December....
Yeah, I am the opposite. I am not all about the summer. Weird I know, but you do have to try and cherish every season of life. This can take time and work, but once you start to get into it, it feels nice! ;o)
ReplyDelete