For the last few days my boyfriend and I were in Montego Bay, Jamaica continuing the celebration of my 30th birthday and his birthday as well. We had an amazing time, and the pictures don't even do the island or the resort we stayed at any justice at all! We ate, we drank, we enjoyed the beach, the ocean and most of all each other. I hope and pray that we will always be able to travel and explore the world together. While we were there we got the opportunity to snorkel, kayak, lay out in the sun, listen to live music & dance...I read The Shack while he swam (I still can't swim, which made snorkeling very interesting) we walked amongst fish, talked under the stars and just truly enjoyed each other and being in the moment. This trip was truly a blessing!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
jamaica
For the last few days my boyfriend and I were in Montego Bay, Jamaica continuing the celebration of my 30th birthday and his birthday as well. We had an amazing time, and the pictures don't even do the island or the resort we stayed at any justice at all! We ate, we drank, we enjoyed the beach, the ocean and most of all each other. I hope and pray that we will always be able to travel and explore the world together. While we were there we got the opportunity to snorkel, kayak, lay out in the sun, listen to live music & dance...I read The Shack while he swam (I still can't swim, which made snorkeling very interesting) we walked amongst fish, talked under the stars and just truly enjoyed each other and being in the moment. This trip was truly a blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds like an amazing trip! I have to remember to do all that stuff (kayak and snorkel) when we go on our next vacay sans kids....which will probably be in 4 more years. Do you have to be able to swim to do it? Did you wear goggles? I'm not a great swimmer which is why I ask.
ReplyDeleteHow did you like The Shack? I LOVED that book. It sorta changed my life and ways that I think about several diff things. I need to read it again sometime soon.
It was amazing, and surprisingly my boyfriend and I were some of the only people there without kids. They had a ton of activities to offer the kiddos so the parents seemed happy too! I dont know how to swim and I was kind of freaked out at first. My boyfriend knows how to swim very well and I didnt want to panic and make him not be able to swim if I started tripping so I had to calm down. The water was about 4 ft so it came right below my chin. You just stick your head in the water and breath out your mouth thru the tube thingy (I'm such a novice). I wouldn't recommend it in any water deeper than you can stand if you can't swim though.
ReplyDeleteAnd the shack was GREAT! It really touched me, especially since I have a sibling whose life was taken away when I was younger...so a lot of the points really brought comfort to me.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like Jamaica is beautiful!!
ReplyDelete