Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Giving Up....
My life wasn't as seemingly perfect as it is now, and unfortunately I have had some dark days in my life where I did not see a solution in the horizon. I can honestly say there were times when the only solution seemed to be giving up. I know it sounds cliche to say that God sent a sign that changed my life around, but that is truly my story. I remember being at home one day, crying hysterically and feeling down after seeing pictures of my ex-boyfriend in California with a female he had taken there with him and lied to me about it ever occurring...I was sitting on my bed, with my eyes nearly swollen shut, when I heard a knock at my door. I half-heartedly walked to open it thinking it was my sister or something, but was greeted by a group of strangers standing at the door. Under normal circumstances I would not have opened the door to these individuals, but by the grace of God I did. They asked me if I had a moment and instead of being rude I said yes. The woman then asked me, "If you died today do you think you would go to heaven?" With my eyes still filled with tears, I responded I guess. She looked at me shockingly and told me that it wasn't to late for me to be saved and that it only took a moment of my time to accept Him as my Lord and Savior. They then grabbed my hands and we prayed together, and then she hugged me and told me I was saved. That moment, although it only took seconds, gave me hope to continue my day and let me know that even if things are going bad...there will always be a reason to keep going. Someone cares about you even when no one else humanly does. I know that moment was meant to get me in the right direction and I am very thankful that I did open my door that day and open my heart to Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is such and AWESOME story girl! Yes, God does move like that to give is hope when all hope seems lost. This post makes me feel hopeful inside as well! Thanks so much for sharing and I am so very glad that you opened that door as well. :o)
ReplyDelete