that despite the accomplishments and successes I've had in my life, I still have an underlying lack of confidence that keeps me from achieving my greatest potential. Instead of flourishing in social settings, I shy away from making my presence known and tend to stick to my comfort zone and small circle of trusted acquaintances. I'm not the Queen Bee of networking and in my profession, who you known often times determines how far you'll go with the right connections. I hate that I still hide behind my own insecurities instead of facing them, putting myself completely on the line and letting the world see me for who I am, without the fear that my flaws will outshine me.
In the new year I plan to break out of my shell more and instead of hating this lack of quality about myself, I will change it...or at least figure out what has caused me to feel this way so I can address and correct the situation.
I can understand how you feel, but I truly think that in time you will grow into your confidence. It does not happen over night. I have always been a confident person, but in some aspects I have insecurities too and lately even my own confidence has waivered causing me to feel that it is something that can come and go. Best wishes and blessings with coming into your own in the New Year. I hope and pray that you get all that you are looking for and more! :o)
ReplyDelete