Monday, January 3, 2011

Was it Worth it??

According to my old blog, this time last year my life was filled with drama. I'm almost sad to admit that people came to my blog just for their daily dose of "I'm so happy this is your life and not mine" foolishness. Between 2008-2010, I did a lot of crying, whining and hating the situations I was involved in(but not doing anything to change them). I wasn't happy. My life changed tremendously once I decided to try new things, and leave some things I'd became comfortable with in the past. It seems stupid to think that the beginning of my 2010 was occupied with the same ignorance that entertained me in 2009 and 2008. Was it really worth it?

I've asked myself that question a lot lately, and I think the answer is yes. Had I not cried all those tears, would I find it so easy to smile at the simple things now? If I had not went so long feeling unappreciated and inadequate, would I truly enjoy being treated like a queen now? If I had of achieved success when I had a manipulative person masquerading as a friend, would I have been able to enjoy the benefits of my hard work now? In retrospect, I have so many blessings that came out of my past. All of that turmoil has made me a stronger person...and looking forward to a year not filled with drama, I can look back...laugh, and be happy I went through some of the things I did. It was worth it.......

2 comments:

  1. If you can look back and laugh, then yes... it was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what girl, I am sort of feeling the same way nowadays. It is still a stuggle somedays, but it is truly getting better and I am so very grateful! :o)

    ReplyDelete