Today was the longest day ever..... I was in court 6hrs...LITERALLY six hours, waiting for my case to be called on the docket. During that long stint in the courtroom, I came to some pretty profound conclusions.....
1)I have very little patience....I had points today where I literally wanted to cry. I was so frustrated waiting and waiting for my case to come up. I had to stop myself from screaming on more than one occasion, because sitting there without any control seriously drove me insane..... I need to work on that!
2)I wear my emotions on my sleeve.... As I sat at the attorneys table waiting (patiently) the bailiff walked by to apologize to me at least three times because he said he "knew" I was tired of waiting. Whoopsie...didn't mean to let my face show how I was feeling.... *note to self, no poker because your poker face apparently sucks*
3)I despise unfit parents... After seeing a parade of drug addicted, wife beating, child molesting and proud of it parents go before the judge pleading their "case" I now wish that there was an eligibility test before people could have children. I know everyone has to go through certain things in life to make them become the person they are destined to be....but I still think it's unfair for a child to have to live in such conditions with such deplorable people. It's not fair and some of the stories I heard today nearly brought me to tears...... *note to self, get tougher skin...I assume seeing your attorney cry will eventually tarnish credibility* Whoops again.
4)I need to not let small things like waiting completely ruin my day..... It wasn't as bad as I made it seem, and I do that quite too often when something occurs that I don't like. It's not fair to myself to let minor things I have no control over have such a big impact on my day. I'm too blessed to allow outside influences to steal my joy.
I admit I'm still a work in progress, but I think I'm on the right track. And now to bed.......I am beyond drained.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Yeah girl, I know how you feel, I am not the most patient person either and I too wear my emotions on my sleeve and I hate it. I feel like I used to have a better poker face. haha! I also agree that some people need to not be allowed to be parents, but that is the world that we live in. So sad, but so true. Well, glad that you survived the day and I hope that you got some rest! Did you get to see The Game? I will prob do a recap. :o)
ReplyDelete