The Lord has been providing me with an overflowing amount of blessings and favor. Words can barely express the gratefulness I have in my heart right now. I have truly been blessed.
I made it back from Dallas safely, with my friends bridal shower turning out to be a major success. I was worried at first that she would not be pleased with the maid of honors selection of themes for the shower (it was at an upscale bowling alley) but everything turned out perfectly. We played traditional bridal shower games, ate, watched as she opened up gifts, had a chance to bowl and just really enjoyed each others company. It's been awhile since I had the chance to really just spend time with her since we no longer live in the same city, and it felt great to be around a group of positive women who are all doing miraculous things. Of the 6 people in the bridal party, myself included, there are 4 attorneys, 1 doctor, and 1 business owner. We are an accomplished group and it makes me feel honored to be included in such an awesome circle of friends. Just looking back I would have never imagined being in the ranks of such affluent individuals. Just a few years ago my outlook on life was totally different, almost hopeless, and now I am finally able to share a testimony of how great God truly is..... It feels good to be able to say that I can look at my past, and know that all along God had laid out a path of wonderful things that lay ahead for me to find, through faith and relying on His words.
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had submitted a petition to the Lord and was waiting patiently for him to move...well I am happy to report that by God alone, that prayer was answered and I start my new job next week. I prayed for clarity and direction, for the Lord to move me where he needed me to be and that same day that I asked, I began to receive. Words from my supervising attorney that funding was looking shaky at the place I have been working, positions posted the same day I make a resolution to myself that I was going to start looking for new career paths, interviews scheduled for that same week...I waited patiently (for the most part) and finally heard word that I had been hired. It has been a rollercoaster ride, but now I am ready to start at my new firm. By God alone. I worked hard, and prayed hard and like always He has made a way.
I am a firm believe in the power of the Lord, and I stand faithful to his promises. For that I have been blessed, and received his favor.
YAY!!!! Congrats girl! Such a blessing!!! Very encouraging post!!!! :o)
ReplyDelete