By the time I made it home from work Friday night, I was beyond tired. My little cousin graduated from college so I had family in town for that, as well as relatives visiting from California...so the food and laughs have been flowing all weekend.
I woke up early Saturday morning to get my oil changed and car washed, and even they were in the holiday spirit. They had the waiting area cheerfully decorated for Christmas....
Since it was pretty nippy this weekend I stood inside while I waited for my car to be detailed, and in the hallway there were pamphlets displayed around as well as free bibles for people to take. The car wash is a Christian owned business that has bible study weekly that patrons can join in on with the staff, and they play inspirational music throughout the building. While I was waiting, this pamphlet caught my eye. It has various ways to deal with stress, and with all that has been going on with life, work and just in general I figured this was definitely a list I needed to pay attention to and attempt to utilize during the week as I work and anxiously await Christmas....
After I was done with my car, my sister & sister-in-law, and I tackled Target and the mall to pick up a few items. For some random reason I have been wanting to decorate a ginger bread house, I mentioned it to my boyfriend and for even more random reasons he thought it would be a fun thing to do as well. So, while I was in Target, I just so happened to find a gingerbread house kit and ginger bread cookie kit where you can make, design and eat your very own gingerbread masterpieces! I am so excited to try it out!
After the shopping excursion, I took a much needed nap and then headed out to celebrate the holidays with my close friends in the city. I am thankful for those who made it, and for those who couldn't, and very happy that a good time was had by all. We ate, we drank and we were indeed Merry! I love my circle of friends and I pray that the Lord continues to bless us all tremendously now and in the upcoming new year. Since I am no good at outfit post(I found my tripod, now I just need to set it up) I only got one picture of myself before I went to the party, but I must say I love this shade of blue.
I had a blast, and enjoyed a wonderful worship service at church this morning. I spent some much needed QT with my love and now I am sitting here, still reflecting on my weekend and how much difference a year (or even a day) can make in someones life. I have court in another county in the morning and I am sure by midweek I will be ever so grateful for the off days from work. This truly was a good weekend........


it's always a fun time waiting for your car to be detailed at least they made it festive and list looked like a fun read. love the blue on you..so pretty! have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWow that is really cool about the car shop! I am sure that you don't have to worry about them trying to jip you. I am glad that you had such a fabulous weekend! :) Love the shirt. You look very perrrty! :)
ReplyDeletethnx ladies!
ReplyDelete