Thursday, December 29, 2011

farewell to twenty eleven......

Only two days remain in what has been a year of transition, understanding, growth, discovery and love...2011 was definitely a good year. It seems like only yesterday I was toasting and welcoming in this year, and now I am on the brink of seeing it gone as quickly as it came. So many things happened and it's hard to pinpoint any one event that defined this year.... It had its share of ups and downs, and plenty of stressful moments..but I can honestly say I will be entering 2012 a stronger & much better person that I was a year ago.... Thinking back on my year.........

the transition: I completed my fellowship, and was fortunate enough to make a smooth transition to a new firm. I separated myself from certain things, people, situations. Lost friends, realized that the relationships I lost weren't the same as they had once been years ago, transitioned back to being with positive people, true friends & productive things.

understanding: It was hard at first, not clinging to what I had known so long and felt comfortable with. I questioned a lot. Was I the person I truly thought I was, what had become of the old me? Who was this person I was growing to become? And then I understood. I chose to be better. Everyone isn't going to appreciate who you become. Understand that everyone is in your life for either a season or a reason.

growing: I learned to appreciate solitude, how to value the invaluable and how to be the bigger person.

the discovery: I'm not as confident as I appear to be from the outside looking in. In some areas I shine, but there are many other facets of life that need improvement.

love: Being in a healthy, drama-free relationship is the best remedy to heal old wounds. We had a lot of fun, adventure and good times together this year and I look forward to what the future holds with us.

the highlights:
-our spring trip to San Antonio... lots of QT, food and more food..... we stayed near the Alamo, ate on the River Walk and ended our trip with dinner outside under the stars.



-viva las vegas
I did more travel than I realized this year. My first and probably last trip to Las Vegas. Too smoky and too many people. I did rather well on the slot machines though.


-arts, beats and lyrics
I saw Janet Jackson at the Rodeo, Eric Roberson downtown and attended one of my favorite events at the Venue. I also saw Ledisi at the House of Blues, Miguel and Marsha Ambrosius in concert at the Arena Theater.






-dirty thirty
I reached a milestone, my thirtieth birthday! I spent time with my family, friends and really enjoyed the love everyone showed me. It meant a lot to be with my real friends, especially after all the events that occurred this year. It means a lot to know who really cares about you and will be there for you regardless of how often you see them or where you go in life.





-Welcome to Jamaica
Montego Bay was amazing. This trip completely spoiled me, and I never want to vacation again UNLESS I'm on an all-inclusive resort. It feels great to be pampered. My boyfriend and I needed this trip and it definitely helped us realize how we truly feel about each other and gave us the opportunity to get closer without interruptions from the real world. I would have stayed in paradise forever if I could have.






The Lord has blessed me tremendously, and I pray that I continue to be blessed in the new year. I pray for health, wellness, prosperity, contentment, ambition and for increase. I have so many things I want to do, and I am so grateful for opportunity. I've done my best to be successful in life, and I truly think that this is only the beginning. In the new year, I want to learn how to manage stress better, how not to get so overly anxious about the future, and to take things day by day instead of trying to plan every aspect of my life. I want to be a better Christian, a better friend, a better attorney, a better sister, daughter, girlfriend, cousin, niece, etc. etc..... basically, a better me.

It's bittersweet to see this year go, but I am excited about this next chapter. Farewell 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like an eventful year...many more awesome memories in 2012!!

    ReplyDelete