My final day of 2011 was spent doing the things I love, eating, spa-hopping & spending time with my boyfriend...I had lunch with a good friend at one of my favorite spots in Houston, The Grand Lux Cafe....
After lunch, we went to Sensia Japanese Day Spa in the Galleria area to de-stress before 2012. I had a sea weed wrap & she had a hot tao stone massage.. I left the spa feeling great, met up with my boyfriend....napped and went to dinner at another one of my favorite spots, P.F. Chang's. I'm glad we had reservations since the wait time was an hour and thirty minutes....
After dinner, we went to a house party hosted by my boyfriends bff & his bff's girlfriend. I didn't know many people at the party, and apparently none of the girlfriends of the guys knew each other either. We sat on the couch sipping wine, while the guys reminisced on their high school glory days and reconnected. I am glad my boo got to spend time with all of his high school buddies, especially since they hadn't all been together in one place since..hmmmm, probably high school....
We woke up super late on Sunday, watched football, ate leftovers and stayed in bed until well after noon. Once we finally mustered the energy to be productive on the first day of the year, we headed over to my girlfriends house for New Years Day dinner. She and her husband had prepared a feast of traditional new years cuisine, black eyed peas, collard greens, chicken, pork chops and mac & cheese...as well as dessert, with a side of peach ciroc and mango punch... Needless to say, we were done. The boyfriend and I jumped in the moon walk that none of the kids at the party seemed to be interested in (they were more concerned with texting and videos games) and after fifteen minutes of jumping we were even more done than we were before.... I think we went to bed around 8pm and then woke up around 1am, then watched TV until we both fell asleep again... A very lazy start to the new year, but I guess I needed the rest. It's full speed ahead tomorrow, back to work and back to business. I hope 2012 is as good as last year, actually....I hope it is even better.






No comments:
Post a Comment