Friday, January 6, 2012

And it begins, again.....

This was probably the longest, short week of the year...... but, I made a promise to myself that despite it all, I would not complain. I have too many things to be thankful for. It was hard getting back in the swing of things at first, but now, as I lay on the bed watching episodes of Say Yes to the Dress & fighting sleep, I can actually say that I had a very productive last few days.

I finally started back decorating my office. I bought two frames from Target (both were a dollar each) that I plan to find the perfect pictures to place in.



My aunt also bought me two frames for Christmas, which have also found their way into my future office decor. My assistant hung up all my degrees and licenses awhile ago, now I just need to figure out what to put on the one empty desk in my office..... a calendar (not the standard desk calendar) would be nice as well.

A large majority of my time was spent in and out of the office simply trying to get organized. I'm trying to come up with a system this year that will help me avoid getting stressed out, or letting my work pile up during times that I'm in court all week. Despite my having an iPhone and a laptop that I pretty much have on me daily, I find it easier to get organized when I write things down. I bought a monthly planner when I went to Target. I figured if I can get all my appointments down in one place, it will make scheduling less difficult. In addition to scheduling, I also made a list of all the bills I need to pay so it will be easier for me to set out a weekly/monthly budget for myself. Once I get the budget together, I can start scratching some things off my "I WANT" list..........

I know this is a new year, but I slightly feel as if this has been one long repetitious cycle to get us right back to where we started from, only I have to write a different set of digits at the end when I write the date.... Then again, I may just be tired and thinking too much tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, and I need to find the time to get some work done before the weekend is over, and it all begins again. But as I said earlier....I have no complaints.

Side note: AirTran keeps emailing me all sorts of cheap deals on airfare. I try to visit one of my best friends who lives in Atlanta as often as I can afford to, I guess I need to add a plane ticket to my list of wants from the other day..........

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are really nice frames to only be $1. I love Target! I am trying not to complain either beacause I am so grateful for how far that God has brought me. :) I know how you feel about the new year just being a continuation. I felt that way this year and really it is. Any day can be a new beginning... not just after the ball drops once again or the ball can drop and things can still be the same. I do use the new year to reevaluate in a way and get on task, but I feel like that it not the only time that I do it. I don't know. There is too much hype around the new year I think, but that is just me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are organizing yourself in the new year! I can't wait to have my own office to decorate instead of sharing an office! Going to ATL sounds good:-)

    ReplyDelete